Health Alerts, Advisories, Notifications, and Updates
- There currently is no vaccine to prevent norovirus infection.
Diagnostics and Treatment
- If your facility does not have a laboratory that can test for norovirus, consult with PDPH by calling 215-685-6740 to arrange for laboratory testing.
- There is currently no treatment available for norovirus; treatment is supportive only.
Reporting to PDPH
- One case of Norovirus is not required to be reported, however, a cluster or outbreak of norovirus should be reported to the health department.
- Report an outbreak of norovirus to PDPH when 3 or more staff and/or residents have vomiting and /or diarrhea within a 48 hour time frame. To report an outbreak of norovirus to PDPH, call 215-685-6740 during business hours or 215-686-4514 after business hours.
Health Educational Materials
Links and Resources
Guidelines for Management and Control
Updated: 12/01/2016 11:00am