Health Alerts, Advisories, Notifications, and Updates
Diagnostics and Treatment
Reporting to PDPH
- The following influenza cases need to be reported to the Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH)
- Hospitalized persons with laboratory-confirmed influenza (including positive rapid antigen tests)
- Persons admitted to the ICU with laboratory-confirmed influenza, RSV, rhinovirus, adenovirus, parainfluenza, or human metapneumovirus infections
- Fatal cases of laboratory-confirmed or suspected influenza, RSV, rhinovirus, adenovirus, parainfluenza, and human metapneumovirus
- Suspect noval influenza A cases including those with:
- Influenza A virus detected but not subtypeable
- Influenza-like illness (temperature equal to or greater than 100ºF and cough and/or sore throat without other known etiology)and report direct or indirect exposure to swine or live poultry or travel to area with ongoing transmission of avian influenza within week prior to symptom onset.
- Institutional outbreaks of respiratory illness including those occurring in a long-term care facility, school, childcare center, or shelter. Outbreaks are defined as one laboratory-confirmed case or two or more cases of Influenza-like illness in a facility.
- Report influenza cases to PDPH by calling 215-685-6748 during business hours or completing and faxing an influenza report form below to 215-238-6947
Health Educational Materials
Links and Resources
Guidelines for Management and Control
Updated: 01/27/2017 4:00pm